1. 2005 Clonakilla shiraz viognier: Oh my God, I think they've finally equalled the 2001. Absolutely stunning. I am SO very glad we have more of this at home.
2. 1998 Te Mata Coleraine. We bought this whilst visiting nzbear5 in 2000. Sadly, this bottle was corked. Boo! Now I have no idea what NZ's finest red wine should taste like.
3. 2000 + 2001 Ridge Monte Bello. To be honest, these were disappointing. They tasted better two years ago when we shared them with jcoldrey in Canberra. I still have 9 bottles of each, so I hope they get better with age.
4. 2003 Sarah's Vineyard reserve pinot noir. I think this bottle was partially affected with cork taint, so I can't say for sure that it was any good. :(
5. 2001 Glen Fiona Basket Press Reserve syrah. Not as fab as I'd hoped for, but not too bad. It might simply be that it's going over the hill.
6. 2002 Port Phillip Estate Pinot Noir. This might well have been my favorite wine of the evening. Absolutely lovely, Burgundian style. A fantastic balance of rich fruit with forest floor and mushroom. I'd buy this again in a heartbeat.