- Petaluma are finally putting the geographic origin of their riesling on their bottles, which makes the label look a lot less cheap.
- They've also bottled some of the 2002 under Stelvin, but not all of it (yet - they're waiting to see if the market will accept it).
- The Petaluma viognier is sublime.
- There are an awful lot of botanic gardens around Adelaide. My legs hurt.
- The Adelaide bears night was pleasant enough, although I left fairly quickly.
- The Penfolds Magill Bluestone port and the Thomas Hyland port are really basically the same thing; the Bluestone brand is now being phased out in favor of the new Thomas Hyland brand. They're also about to rebrand some other wines in their portfolio (eg the Adelaide Hills semillon) using the Hyland name. Weird eh?
What I learned today.
Remember when I wrote a lot on LiveJournal? Yeah, me neither.
I'm not surprised by Jobs' death, and of course my inner cynic wants to blame homeopathy or whatever the hell it was he was into; an anecdote that…
It took ten days to clear Canadian customs and make it to San Diego, but Dan just installed the replacement thermostat for our crappy wine cabinet…